Wednesday, December 17, 2008

1st Purple Team Raid - Naxx

I've waited months to finally raid with an elite group again with no weak spots. Even with the expansion coming out and changing a lot of the ways the classes work and interact there's still the undeniable ability to play one's class, to stay alive, and to assist in what's needed to beat raid bosses. I've been so frustrated the past year having to deal with noobs, lazy mutherfuckers, arrogant incompetance, and unwarranted entitlement that it forced me to take about 8 steps back away from raiding. This has been reversed with the creation of Purple Team. We are EPIC!!! Allow me to elaborate....

About half of the team reached level 80 within the past week... if not within the last 24 hours. The other half has been 80 for at least 2 weeks or so. What was so fucking amazing was that we went into Naxxramas with toons still wearing gear from level 70 and we destroyed the Arachnid Quarter and started into the Construct Quarter easily dispatching Patchwerk. That's 4 bosses down in the first night. We only raided for about 3 hours. Grobbulous was a bit more challenging. I believe I understand where we were making it harder on ourselves.

Our group is caster based so my dps was pretty low comparably. Actually, I was the only one without a mana bar. All the mob debuffs were for casters. I was really upset that I was sooo low on the damage meter, but our group just isn't tailored to boost my dps. We had 2 pally tanks, 2 mages, 1 spriest, 1 boomkin, 1 lock, 1 hpally, 1 hpriest, and finally me... the lonely ass rogue. I totally expect to be dead last in dps whenever I'm in this group judging from last nights results and the group make-up. I still did respectable dps once I realized what was going on. I can't wait to see them get geared cuz it's just going to escalate our group so much faster. My impact as a rogue will be pretty minimal in this group, but it'll just push me that much harder to keep up with them.

Maybe what this group needs is an elemental shammy... the synergy would be amazing, unfortunately the guild needs a rogue and I love being a rogue even when I suck.

No comments: