Friday, April 10, 2009

Sarth 3D

This muthafuckin' fight is a motherfucker!! I love it. It's the only challenging thing in the game. I really like the idea of being able to choose your own difficulty for a fight. What is a bit off is the scaling for this fight especially at 2D. Sarth by himself is a joke. Sarth plus one drake isn't much harder. Sarth plus 2 drakes can be a challenge but is also a modifiable fight depending on which drake the raid chooses to down before the boss fight. If Shadron is killed there just isn't any pressure on the healers or the tank unless the raid dps is just super horrible.

The one thing I don't like is that the 3D fight doesn't allow for a dynamic group. For example, due to the high necessity of dps it isn't viable to mix the group between caster and physical damage classes. This is disappointing cuz my rogue actually ends up nerfing the raid (or being nerfed myself by the lack of buffs). It's expected to have a fair shot of downing him that the raid put out at least 4k dps on average. I believe 3.5k dps would be the threshold.

Regardless, I've been toying with the idea of putting together a melee group to go in and hammer this SOB. Unfortunately, we just don't have the available players to make that happen. We need to recruit more!!

No comments: